Only 42 sleeps until Christmas! Who is excited? I love Christmas and even more so now I have children. We have created our own Christmas traditions and the excitement of Father Christmas coming down the chimney with presents creates so much love and happiness in our house. Yes, I am feeling all festive!
Now, Christmas is a stressful time of year for the grown ups, especially for those that are hosting a Christmas dinner! Not only do you have to worry about what presents to buy who but also who you are planning to see over Christmas! This is one that always stresses me out! Planning to see family can cause such a drama and this is always an issue for us every year!
For me not only do I have to worry about all of the above, I also have to plan and organise my two children’s birthdays as well as my Husband’s, all within 2 weeks of Christmas and New Year! Oh my, I’m stressing already just writing this! What is the big deal you ask?! Well let me explain a little further. Forget the other birthdays we have in late November and early January, my Son and Husband share the same birthday on the 15th December (yes I know what are the odds haha!) which I still think is so lovely! This year my Hubby is the big 30! As it is a special birthday I have been planning and organising a memorable “Birthday Weekend” with all our close friends and family as well as a kiddies party and family gathering for little man! 10 days later it’s Christmas, which generally means a week of seeing or hosting family! A week after Christmas on New Years day is my daughter’s birthday! Do you see my predicament now!
The only way I can get through this crazy and busy festive season is to stay on top of it by being organised and calm!
So I’ve decided to share my tips on how to stay organised to enjoy Christmas this year!
- Write lists – Who are you buying presents for and what? Buy a new journal or notebook for all your Christmas planning!
- Start your Christmas Shopping as early as you can – I think early to mid November is a good time!
- Create a budget on how much you want to spend – It can become very expensive quick so budget your money so you don’t over spend!
- If you are hosting Christmas get everyone to bring something a bottle of drink, dessert, snacks and games to take the load of you fussing about everything!
- Talk to friends and family early to create plans and put dates in diary to see them so that you don’t stress about not seeing someone!
- Plan your Christmas dinner in advance – food shopping lists, create a meal planning each course, refreshments, timings etc!
- Christmas decorations – give yourself enough time to decorate, being mindful of any children and dangerous objects, their little fingers and mouths can get hold of anything dangerous quickly, no one wants anyone to get hurt!
- Find somewhere to store all your wrapped presents so they don’t get damaged or found by the children. You don’t want them taking up space in your front room collecting dust.
- Make time to sit and wrap present – my Christmas wrapping tradition has been the same for years! I found time on my own to make a mug(s) of tea, a box of biscuits and have a collection of Christmas films ready to go and I sit and wrap and write cards. I love doing this! I love wrapping presents!
- Remember to stay calm to enjoy all festivities you have planned!
I am planning on publishing ’12 days of Christmas’ posts next month on BeautyBakingBella so stay tuned for them! If you are looking for some gorgeous notebooks for your planning check out Coconut Lane for some great bits and also if you want to buy some bits for your Christmas shopping use my discount code PINAR20 for 20% off your shop!
I hope this post has helped you get organised for the crazy festive season that is approaching fast! If you have any tips that work for you please let me know!
*this post contains an affiliate link for more info check out my disclaimer