Where has this year gone! How is it September already? After a glorious summer I am welcoming the new autumn season with big woollen jumper arms. I may keep going on about how excited I am about the change of season and this list tells you all why!
Like any new season I always do the same things, I have a big clear out of my house, an ‘autumn spring clean’ if you will and change my clothes from spring/summer to my autumn/winter wardrobe. I even have a change up of my go-to makeup! As I was thinking and making lists of all the things that I need to change and reorganise, it came to me to share a post about what I love about autumn.
To be honest, I don’t really have a favourite season, I have things I love and things I hate about each of them so I try my best to embrace what each season has to offer, however I do have a soft spot for Autumn as this post will tell you.
So here goes, the below are all the things I love about the autumn season and the changes that its brings:
- Shorter Days – as mentioned previously, the nights start earlier, so I can climb into bed at 9pm and it’s dark outside – I love this!
- The days are cooling down to a comfortable temperature outdoors as well as indoors -thank goodness!
- Cosy blankets and throws – on my bed and over the sofas to snuggle up at the end of the day!
- Candles – I have a candle obsession and autumn/winter is basically candles season – pumpkin and cinnamon scents to sweeten and warm the home – theses are my autumn smells
- Warm Baths – I love a nice bath as part of my selfceare routine (check out my post on my go -to regular self-care practices here) It’s a great excuse to treat myself to a selection of Lush Bath Bombs and bath creams
- Cooler nights mean I can start wearing pretty pyjamas! That feeling of getting into a cool bed but wearing pjs is the perfect combination for a great nights sleep plus matching slippers and fluffy socks of course!
- The combination of autumn colours in my wardrobe and in my home, make me feel so cosy and happy
- Halloween preparations – I don’t think I know anyone who hates Halloween! Halloween is always so much fun in our house. Me and my kids play around with costume makeup, costumes plus lots of baking and eating, we have so much fun!
- Coats and boots are added to daily outfits as well as umbrellas and scarves
- The kids are back to school and the count down to Christmas begins
- Leaves falling from the trees makes going for walks and to the park so much fun! Wearing wellies of course we can stomp in puddles and crunch the fallen leaves with out hands and wellies!
- Fairy lights and lamps are out to accompany the candle obsession!
- Darker nail varnish – I love reds and plums they are my favourite for this time of year
- Warm drinks, teas, coffees, lattes, warming herbal teas
- Pumpkins – everything pumpkin, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, pumpkin baking!
- For me food changes with the seasons – I love warming casseroles, slower cooker meals and soups!
- Of course it’s the time of year for all the great TV Shows – Strictly Come Dancing, The Great British Bake Off, The Apprentice and I’m a Celebrity (I’m not bothering with XFactor this year!)
- Finally, legs and others areas can go a little longer between hair removal – a little hair didn’t hurt anybody, just saying!
What do you like most about autumn?