Happy December! Wow! Where did this year go?! My first post of December is dedicated to the month itself, sharing all the happy things I love about this festive month and all the things I plan to do.
Christmas can mean different things for everyone, I have good memories of Christmas as well as bad, but I like to think of the happy memories and look to the future to create some more of those happy times with all my family and friends.
If Christmas is a tough time of year for you just remember that you are in control of your happiness and its up to you to create happy times going forward. Appreciate and find acceptance in the past and move forward with intent to create a happy now and enjoy your christmas a little more this year.
This year I plan to make the most of another year of health and my family and enjoy every thing this month has to offer.
So here is 21 things I love about the month of December:
- The 1st of December is always our day of the month when our christmas goes up and all the decorations come out – I love it!
- Our annual visit to Father Christmas with the kids is always a great day out for us all
- An afternoon at our local Garden centre is always a festive tradition for my family
- Hubby and Luca share the same birthday on the 15th (a great birthday present for him haha)
- Eating my body weight in chocolate -this is always a given!
- Annual night out with the girls – I love getting all dressed up and going out for cocktails
- Christmas Baking – the best kind of baking if you ask me!
- Festive candles – the scent of cinnamon, mulled wine and spiced anything lingering around the house
- Reading other blogger’s Christmas posts
- Michael Buble Christmas album is my absolute favourite to listen to in the car
- NOW Christmas album is our go to playlist through the christmas period – which include some of my all time favourite songs – especially when baking/cooking
- Binge watching Christmas films is the best – all of the classic of course, I shared my favourites last year in my My 15 Favourite Christmas Fims post
- Christmas nails – red and glitter is my go to!
- Christmas makeup – more glitter and red/dark lipsticks are my absolute favourite
- Family time!
- Family board games – Monopoly is my favourite!
- I’m a Celeb Final
- Strictly Come Dancing Final
- Christmas Dinner and all the trimmings
- Mulled wine and Baileys are two of my favourite alcoholic drinks at Christmas time
- And just being merry during the most wonderful time of the year!
What do you love about December? Do you and your family have any traditions?