Sometimes it can be hard enough getting into a good routine with a daily skincare, let a lone a body care routine; but really a body care routine is just as important. Our skin is our biggest organ in our bodies and the most exposed, so a little TLC when it comes to our body can really do wonders for not just our body but for our mind too.
Our bodies do so much for us and our skin in the one who bares all the brunt from the weather, environmental stress and UV rays as well as weight loss and the natural process of ageing. Using the right body care can help support your skin and help in more ways than one.
For example, losing weight can leave your skin lacking in elasticity and firmness. It may look less toned in some areas like breasts, bum and stomach area and even though regular exercise and eating a well balanced diet can help to reduce these signs of slacking, a handful of good body care products can help to support the skin your journey for a toned body.
Because these body care issues and concerns are similar to anti-ageing concerns. I have written this post combining weightloss and anti-aging so it can help a wider range of people.
Here are 10 tips to help you get started in your body care routine today!!
- Get yourself into a good but simple body care routine of cleansing daily whether your prefer to shower in the morning or evening make sure you are doing this everyday
- Start with finding a suitable body wash that works to brighten and smooth the skin’s surface, as well as penetrating the skin to keep it hydrated and moisturised
- Invest in a good quality exfoliator/body scrub (homemade or shop bought) – exfoliating will help to renew your skin and keep it firm and smooth
- Find body balms, creams or lotions that focuses on your main body concerns i.e firming, smoothing, reducing acne scars, cellulite, lifting etc
- Don’t forget body lotions/creams for the neck, décolleté and breasts as these areas are a lot more sensitive than the rest of the body and require specifically formulates lotions and potions to protect these
- Concentrate on arms, legs, back and torso to help reduce cellulite and to promote firmness and renewing of the skin
- Use creams at least once a day after a shower/bath when the skin is clean/exfoliated
- Once you have a simple routine in place, start to regularly exfoliate 1-3 times a week to renew the skin – keep it youthful, firm and smooth and include the ancient practice of self care with Ayurvedic body brushing (check out a full post on how to do this here!)
- DON’T forget to use sun cream or UV protection products when you are out in the sun, especially on holiday or if you are laying in the sun
- Lastly, combine all of the above with a healthy diet and lifestyle and keep hydrated to the maximum benefits
Shop all my favourite Clarins body products –
I hope this post was helpful. Just make sure you remember to love your body, you are unique and don’t compare yourself to others. By getting into a good body care routine you can feel and look happy and radiant. Love yourself!!
What are your tips for a good body care routine?